Thanks to Natacha Guyot over at Science Fiction, Transmedia, and Fandom, for nominating us for “The Versatile Blogger Award”. It has been great to be able to connect in some ways with other bloggers and see what other people have to say. We appreciate knowing that people like to read our stuff and we enjoy making it.
The rules of accepting the award are:
- Display the award on your blog
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
- Post seven things about yourself.
Here are fifteen blogs that David and I read for a variety of reasons, some of which lean more one way or the other. If you are nominated please do not feel obligated to respond, it is just our way of highlighting other bloggers that we enjoy. We like participating because it just seems like a neat thing to be involved with. Some of these we nominated for a Liebster Award as well.
- Part-Time Monster
- Love Pirate’s Ship Log
- Fit, Feminist, and (Almost) Fifty
- Archaeology and Material Culture
- Things Matter: A History Blog
- We Minored in Film
- Another Castle
- The Writing Catalog
- I Can’t Possibly Be Wrong All The Time
- Calvin & Muad’Dib
- Son of Public Domain
- Living the Geek Life
- What’s Your Tag?
- Perspective of a Writer
Then finally here are some facts about each of us.
- I love musical theater and go every chance that I get. I have seen Wicked three times, in Denver, London, and Seattle.
- I have travelled to Mexico, Canada, England, Scotland, Denmark, Russia, Germany, Dominican Republic, Australia, Thailand, and Italy.
- I would like to travel to Japan, India, South Africa, New Zealand, Brasil, Egypt, Greece, Turkey, France, Spain, and Ireland.
- I have lived in four different states of the USA.
- My current D&D character is an Elf Druid named Gnat with a Twin Monk brother named Gnarl.
- There are always too many things I want to read, watch, or do, which makes it hard to decide which one to actually do.
- If I don’t get 8 hours sleep I will crash by about 2pm the next day.
- I love the theater too, so it’s something that I have tried to do when traveling. My best story would be seeing Avenue Q in London and, when they sent the hat around for money, I gave them a real American Dollar. It got to the front, and the actors actually commented no it!
- I am arachnophobic, so the place in the world that disturbs me to go to is Australia.
- Guess where we’re vacationing to this year?…
- I love going to concerts. I have gotten to catch bands like the Decemberists, Ok Go, Panic! at the Disco, Evanescence, Snow Patrol, The Dresden Dolls, and Imagine Dragons. I love when they do something that you had to be there for – like Imagine Dragons rolling out a massive drum to play Radioactive.
- My current D&D character is an Eladrin Swordmage named Narm. Yes, that’s Narm, Gnat, and Gnarl, for those of you keeping score at home. We clearly did not talk this through with each other during the creation process!
- I am a really slow reader, and I think it has led to my love of things like comics, graphic novels, and movies.
- I miss being a night owl. Growing up is the pits.